Note About Writing

The question of some towards my writing might be: "why would I even think to use a Bible verse anywhere, given that I was manipulated and misled, on some level, through the "preaching" of the Bible?" Or, am I preaching? Here's a challenge: some Christians feel that unless something is backed by "Scripture," they dismiss it. However, it's clear that the internet is not in the Bible; but I see many verse-based Christians using it without hesitation. This is a bit of the insincerity of a number of "super conservative" church-goers (or others). In the movie "Footloose" (1984), the conservative council in the small town of Bomont, Oklahoma banned dancing and rock music. However, the main character "...reads several Bible verses to cite scriptural support for the worth of dancing to rejoice, exercise, or celebrate" (Plot). As for me, it's like I couldn't just play hockey, even though this sport has been a huge inspiration to me and an important source of enjoyment. Although I have athletic genetics, hockey still seems to be deemed "worldly" or "not spiritual" by many Christians and therefore, in this strictness, I should not have such enjoyment and I especially should not consider being "a professional athlete who makes millions," according to them. So am I preaching? No, I'm just choosing to back what I say, kind of like playing defense - and giving reference to "the Word of God." I'm noticing overlooked, or unexamined, details in the Bible and showing truth

Comments

Popular Posts